As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The different times of the day can have an impact on the number of fish you catch. For bass anglers, the early hours of the day can be a good time to bag some big fish. Pack the best bait for morning bass fishing and prepare for an adventure you will remember for a long time to come.
- Our Top Recommendations for Best Baits for Morning Bass Fishing
- Best Overall Bait for Morning Bass Fishing: Plopping Minnow with Floating Rotating Tail
- Best Topwater Bait for Morning Bass Fishing: TRUSCEND Pre-Rigged Jig Head Soft Fishing Lures, Paddle Tail Swimbaits for Bass Fishing
- Best Slow Sinking Bait for Morning Bass Fishing: Yo-Zuri 3DB Crayfish Slow Sinking Lure
- Best Lifelike Pattern Bait for Morning Bass Fishing: Topwater Bass Fishing Lure Set, Soft Frog Bait & Hard Minnow Kit
- Factors to Consider for Best Bait for Morning Bass Fishing
- Related Questions
Our Top Recommendations for Best Baits for Morning Bass Fishing
Fishing gear and tackle are the power tools that help you catch fish successfully. If an angler is prepared and carries the best bait for bass when they head out to fish in the morning, they will enjoy the trip enough to plan their next one at the same time of the day!
Best Overall Bait for Morning Bass Fishing: Plopping Minnow with Floating Rotating Tail
The TRUSCEND Plopping Minnow Lures are topwater bait that have a small propeller at the tail. This propeller makes them move in a natural way, so that bass comes rushing to the surface. When the light is low in the morning, this lure can get the attention of hungry bass because of its realistic colors.
The three dimensional holographic eyes and realistic finish make this bait a great choice. The details make this bait look real and the propeller creates a stir, which is enticing for bass. The treble hooks are attached at the belly and the tail, unlike the TRUSCEND Pre-rigged jig which has a barbed hook at the top. The material of this bait is also harder than the jig from the same brand.
An advantage that anglers get from this brand is the long-term warranty, which covers any damage to the finish or any hardware becoming useless. This lure creates a noise, which is good when the light is dim and bass might not be able to see the bait swimming near the surface. The popping sound will surely attract bass in a short period.
- The real looking small fish is attractive
- The propellers leave a bubble trail for bass to follow
- The movement of the bait is natural and the colors are suitable for morning time
- The anglers need to understand the pace at which these lures will work and therefore, you will need some skill to make these artificial baits work properly
- Anglers will need to do some speed tests, which can spoil their mood and waste time
- DOUBLE-BLADE UNIQUE DESIGN - TRUSCEND Fishing Lure Set uses a double-blade rotating tail design,...
- HUGE TOPWATER BLOWUP - Fishing Baits have a extra weight on the belly, control barycenter easily and...
- HANDMADE - WINNING QUALITIES - Perfect size and awesome colors bring you a real visual experience....
Best Topwater Bait for Morning Bass Fishing: TRUSCEND Pre-Rigged Jig Head Soft Fishing Lures, Paddle Tail Swimbaits for Bass Fishing
The TRUSCEND Pre-Rigged Jig is made of plastic and comes in a wide variety of colors to attract bass in low light timing. This bait looks like a small fish with a paddle tail and while there are no propellers on it like the TRUSCEND popping Minnow or the baits in the Topwater Bass Fishing Lure Sets, these little baits move naturally and are successful in getting numerous catches.
This bait is durable and will be your companion on many fishing trips in freshwater or even saltwater bodies where bass swim near the surface early morning to catch bait. This lure works well because it moves slowly on water and gives plenty of time to predators to observe it and come up for an attack.
The hook is not visible at the bottom and gets the bass caught by the corner of the mouth, making it a safe catch. Unlike the Yo-Zuri Sinking Bait, this little silicone bait remains at the top and gathers many bass in a short time. However, one thing that could be improved about this bait is its weight. It is too light to target fish that are swimming deeper during the morning hours.
If you are looking to catch bass hidden in the vegetation covers, the topwater bait might not be able to attract them since it does not have any noise and cannot sink slightly deeper in the water.
- The soft silicone, plastic material adds to the natural movement on water
- This lure comes in many colors that attract bass
- The barbed hook is not visible and therefore helps in getting a quick catch
- If you attach a weight to this bait to target bass in deeper water, it may not work because the bait will not move well in water
- There is no noise, which may be helpful in catching bass in low light
- WIDELY FISHING SPECIES - Using Japan material, the freshwater fishing lures is the perfect size at...
- LIFE-LIKE ACTION - The bass fishing lures have a special 3D paddle tail to give off turbulence,...
- LONG CASTING JIG HEAD - Having an ideal weight for long casting and slow sinking, Truscend fishing...
Best Slow Sinking Bait for Morning Bass Fishing: Yo-Zuri 3DB Crayfish Slow Sinking Lure
This bright colored Yo-Zuri 3DB Crayfish is good for targeting hungry predators in the morning because they can attract fish from a distance. Moreover, the crayfish can swim a little deeper in the water, which can help target bass hiding in vegetation. While this bait does not make any noise with propellers like the Topwater Bass Fishing Lure set bait, it vibrates and can sink deeper and therefore more bass will be able to see it!
Anglers can use this lure with ease as it works with a simple technique. The TRUSCEND Popping Minnow might require some skill, although this crayfish can work with a simple retrieve as well. The treble hooks are a suitable size and you can catch many big fish with this artificial bait.
This lure is a good choice for novice anglers who do not want to spend time on speed tests or try different retrieval methods. It is durable and will last for many fishing trips. Moreover, it comes in realistic and natural colors.
- The crayfish is a favorite among bass and they like to eat it therefore this lure works successfully
- The bright colors are attractive during the morning hours
- The treble hooks are high quality and catch fish by the corner of the mouth without injuring
- This lure can get snagged easily in plantation areas
- The colors might not be as bright as the appear on the screen
- Slow Sinking butterfly stroke Action
- Jointed tail
- Wave motion leg
Best Lifelike Pattern Bait for Morning Bass Fishing: Topwater Bass Fishing Lure Set, Soft Frog Bait & Hard Minnow Kit
The Topwater Bass Fishing Lure Set comes with artificial baits of different shapes. You get frogs, and minnows as topwater baits that can attract fish quickly. These lures are of different materials like silicone, and carbon steel. While TRUSCEND Popping minnow and the Yo-Zuri Crayfish are plastic, these lure sets come as an assortment of materials.
These baits remain at the top and have propellers that create some noise and move naturally on water to attract hungry predators in the early hours of the day. Bass hides in vegetation and looks for food, and if it sees a minnow creating some noise or moving fast, it will come up to bite.
Similarly, the frogs also create a stir as they are shaped in a way that water passes through the artificial limbs and creates bubbles. Dragging these lures on water is simple and anglers do not need any special technique. You can use these unique lures interchangeably to catch many fish within a short time.
- The different shapes allow anglers to catch more bass as other lures come in only one shape and repetitive casting may alert the fish
- The propellers and colors add to the life-like pattern of swimming
- The hooks are high quality and do not hurt the fish
- The frogs fill up with water over time and may become hard to use
- The plastic minnows lose their finish after a few casts
- ☀【 Plopping Propellers Tail Design】☀ This lure is designed with spinning tail. When it...
- ☀【3D Eyes and Lifelike Body Pattern】☀ We make the fish lure with high quality and realistic...
- ☀【Excellent Materials】☀ We make the fishing lure with high quality ABS, so it will not be...
Factors to Consider for Best Bait for Morning Bass Fishing
|Name||Plopping Minnow||TRUSCEND Pre-Rigged Jig Head||Yo-Zuri 3DB Crayfish||Topwater Bass Fishing Lure Set|
|Colors||More than 10||More than 12||More than 5||More than 3|
|Material||Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene||Silicone, Plastic||Plastic||Soft Plastic|
|Lure Type||Topwater||Jig head||Slow sinking||Topwater|
There can be numerous reasons why some lures work more than others. Whenever you head out to the lake to fish for bass in the morning, some baits will be more successful, and there are numerous reasons for that.
The bait you select must have a good build quality because bass is hungry in the morning, and it is a predator that ambushes its prey when the light is low and visibility is compromised. When you are looking for the right lure to fish for this feisty fish in the morning, select one that has good build quality.
The Propelling Snakehead and even the TRUSCEND Pre-rigged Jig Head is going to be a good choice because the material is plastic and it is designed for bass fishing. The more you use these lures you will realize that they are durable and can win you many big catches.
Some baits have a great build quality and are even simple to use, however, the hook size is not suitable for the target species. If you are using treble hooks bigger than size 3/0, it can be a problem.
Similarly, if you use circle hooks with barbs you must ensure that the size is between 1/0 and 3/0 to target bass without hurting them. Some high-quality hooks can be too big for bass if they are not the right size.
Anglers should use hooks that have a good size and are sharp so that they don’t injure the fish. Many of you catch bass to release it later. Ensure that the fish is in good shape when you let it go, and the ideal way to do it is to use baits with the right hook size.
When fish is hungry, it will bite into any small bait fish that will give it a good meal and will satiate. If an artificial bait looks and moves like real fish, it will have a higher chance of attracting big bass lurking in the heavy covers or swimming near the surface to eat. All the lures here are shaped like small bait fish and will work well for getting caught by hungry big ones.
Ease of Use
When you are buying bait, ensure that it is easy to use because you do not have to use these lures once only. For repeated use, the bait has to be easy to tie and the technique must be one that suits all anglers.
Novice anglers can work with all kinds of topwater baits, and even jig head and crank baits. TRUSCEND Jig head, and Plopping Minnow are quite easy to use. However, the other lures are also easy. The slow sinking lures require a special technique that is easy to learn.
When the lighting is dim, a bright and attractive little fish will entice bass more than a subtle one. Be sure to purchase bait that is natural yet bright. The Plopping Minnow, TRUSCEND Jig head, and Yo-Zuri Crayfish are all bright in colors. Moreover, you have many color options for the former two, which make them a good choice.
Topwater Bass Fishing Lure Set also has some options that are bright and can efficiently attract bass. You can rely on the frogs in this set as well because they are natural-looking, and can lure fish to the surface because of the real colors.
While this does not work for all kinds of lures, if you are selecting bait for early morning fishing, select the brand that has a long-standing reputation because you want high-quality and effective bait. Brand plays an essential role in determining the success as these lures are tested.
TRUSCEND and Yo-Zuri are both excellent brands and anglers can trust them for durable, efficient, and sturdy lures that can take a rough fight from hungry fish. Moreover, there will be a higher chance that you can use these baits again as well.
If you still have some questions in mind, it is a good idea to see what other anglers are asking and how experts answer them. You will get more clarity about the best bait for your trip to the lake early in the morning.
What Bait Attracts Bass Most?
Shad, minnows, crayfish and other small fish that are found in lakes will attract bass the most. This species of fish is smart and they will not come up to bite an object that does not move like a living creature. Therefore, anglers must use artificial bait that looks and moves like these small fish.
What Time of the Day Are Bass Most Active?
Bass are most active during early hours of the day or late at night when the lighting is low and their prey cannot see them as they plan to ambush and bite the little fish. Bass are visual predators and attack fish when they know their moves will not be visible.
What Colors Work Best to Catch Bass?
You can use dark and bright colors for bass when the lighting is low. However, it would work well if you find lures that have a shiny finish or are easily visible in low lighting. Red, blue, green, brown and chrome colors with a shine work best for bass.
What Lures to Throw in the Morning?
You can use topwaters, poppers, and buzzbaits. Since bass move closer to the surface in low light timings, the topwater baits work well for them. Moreover, novice anglers will find it easy to work with these kinds of baits because they are easy.
The best bait for morning bass fishing will make this sport even more exciting for anglers. Select the right lures so that you can make the most of your trip at a time when bass is hungrily trying to target small bait and bites into them within a short time of presentation.